Monday, January 26, 2009

January 26 - campfires and culture

I woke up very excited for our first day of teaching English only to find that school was cancelled. Supposedly this happens a lot in Thailand; volunteers or teachers will show up to school and be told that they should go home because they decided to cancel.

The Hilltribe lesson being canceled left me with nothing to do today. It was a great day to catch up on my writing and job application. I really hope most days aren’t like this, but I have a feeling they will be. Even though the day may seem boring, it is interesting to talk with the Thai interns or staff.

After dinner a few interns and volunteers built a campfire and enjoyed each other’s company. This was a great ending to the day…the people of Mirror are so diverse and interesting. I had a amazing time listening to other’s stories, culture, teaching each other English or Thai, and listening to Thai, Australian, Japanese, Canadian, and American styles of music all coming from the same guitar. I truly hope more evenings end this way!

No comments:

Post a Comment