Saturday, February 21, 2009

Island Caretaker

While in Bangkok, my mom e-mailed me a link to a job posted as "The Best Job in the World". The job description included feeding fish, cleaning the pool, collecting the mail, and most importantly exploring the Hamilton Islands in Queensland Australia (spas, resorts, bushwacking, etc) and blogging about the experience. If chosen, they would fly you to Australia, set you up in a multi-million dollar apartment, and give you a salary of $105,000 for six months of work.

www.islandreefjob.com

Sounds just like the perfect job for me, correct? I love to blog, I love to travel, and I'm looking for a job....so I made it my goal to make the required 60 second video application during my spare time while volunteering. After many hours of work and consulting with Hunter Hempen (Breese's very own movie genius), I eventually finished my video and tried to submit it. Like I expected, it kept timing out because of the internet connection at Mirror, so I sent it to my mom who also tried endless times. Finally it went through but within a few days it was rejected.


Rejected? What, why - it was under 90 mb and was definately 60 seconds. Supposedly they moved the size limit down to 40 mb because they received such a response (seriously?). Because of these requirements and there is only one more day left for application, I am unable to fix my video in time. I could set aside time to do it again, but then I would be missing my time in Thailand paradise. My mom has urged me to post the video no my blog for you to view...I hope you enjoy it. I believe it does showcase who I am and I really think I would of had a shot making the top 50. While I am sad I missed out on this opportunity, I am happy I learned how to make an iMovie. I look forward to making one for my Thailand and Australian excurisions.




4 comments:

  1. Hi everyone...I posted that video for Sam. For some reason it keeps breaking. I will try and figure it out and repost it. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Thailand. Here's a cool rockin' video app. http://www.islandreefjob.com/#/applicants/watch/kQzXTMfDLpA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam,
    Your video ROCKS! I love it! I wish it would have been able to be submitted. You most definitely would have made the top 50, at least!!

    Hope you're having fun on the boat. Can't wait to see you when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sam,
    Your video is awesome and I know you would have been in the top 10! When I saw that job opportunity on television, the first on I thought of was YOU!! Remember that there is always a reason for everything! Please do have a safe trip home. I truly enjoyed your site once again. Thanks to you and James for sharing your experiences with all of us.

    ReplyDelete